What are Power Classes?
- iTri Power classes are instructed indoor cycling workouts with power. Participants ride their own bike connected to one of our eight trainers at the iTri cycling studio, located at 119E Toole Ave in Tucson. All trainers are connected wirelessly to a central computer that monitors speed, heart rate, cadence and power. Target power for each rider, relative to their functional threshold power (maximum sustainable power), is prescribed by PerProStudio software during each segment of the workout. If you don't own a power meter, the system will display your simulated power based on feedback from a speed sensor connected to the system. ANT+ and Bluetooth accessories (like heart rate monitors, cadence sensors, speed sensors, and power meters) are all supported and can easily be paired to the system. Rider data is collected and projected on a big screen. We also have 2 TACX Ironman Genius trainers for those wishing to complete specific course profiles or to train independently by separate appointment.
- Training indoors in a controlled environment with progressive workouts guided by an experienced coach will help you enjoy your workout and improve your fitness faster than you can do on your own. And don't forget about the social component of riding with a group, and the entertainment factor too - good music, great videos, and informed feedback on your technique are additional benefits. A typical class lasts 60-75 minutes with time for warm-up, cool-down and a specific-intensity interval workout.
- Classes are held throughout the year. Check the iTri Club Calendar for specific dates and times. Morning sessions are generally held from 5:45-6:45 AM and evening sessions from 6:30-7:30 PM. The volume of classes is based on demand and we plan to also offer additional course-specific classes starting where you can come and ride simulated section(s) of popular local and regional race courses.
- Anyone who wants to experience what it feels like to train like a professional can come and join our indoor cycling classes. In fact, if you come, you might even meet a world-class professional. You don't have to be a member of iTri to attend. Sign up for classes online or contact us here for more information or to schedule private or semi-private sessions by appointment.
- Riders bring their own bike - any road bike or triathlon bike will work. You'll also want to bring you ANT+ and Bluetooth accessories plus your Garmin or other training device. Power files from PerfProStudio can easily be emailed or downloaded to third-party providers such as Training Peaks, Strava and others. Bring at least one full water bottle, your cycling shoes and a positive attitude. We'll help you with the rest. Leave your helmet at home.
- The most practical and economical way to experience training with power is to purchase an iTri Power Punch Card, which includes participation in up to 16 classes per purchase. Each Punch Card purchase provides you with a unique personal identifier and guarantees you a seat so you can take full advantage of a progressive series of training classes. You can train as many days a week as there are classes. Single-seat purchases will be available via the iTri Club Calendar by choosing the "attending" button for that particular class. Private and semi-private coached sessions are also available by appointment.